[vetsinag] 9/21 Harvest Potluck and Tree Planting

Jon Turner wildrootsfarmvt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 21:11:44 MDT 2019

Hello Everyone,

For those of you are planning to attend this seasons Autumn gathering,
there are a few logistical items to share.

Foremost, this is an opportunity to view various types of food systems
while working with community members to increase bio-diversity.  What this
means is you will have the chance to get your hands dirty by planting trees
that support pollinators, soil, humans and all walks of wild beast, one
more time before weather cools down.    We will be working in a 3600 square
foot forest garden, doing hillside layout, and prepping soil beds in our
community gardens for next years production.    **All of this will be
explained at greater depth on site and throughout the farm tour.

Second,  lunch will be potluck style so please bring a dish to share and a
tag that describes the dish.  We will do our best to keep this gathering as
waste free as possible so we do encourage bringing plates, cups and cutlery
but will have extras for those who need some. Cider, seltzers and donuts
will be onsite but make sure you bring personal snacks to hold you over for
before and after lunch.     **Bring water bottle**  A cooler will be
on-site and remain full

We are family friendly and have swings, slide, sandbox and climbing dome
for the kiddos.  We do have some yard games but the more the merrier.

All tools that will be needed are on site, however if you need work gloves
then please bring them.

It is looking as though weather is going to be beautiful but dress
accordingly and bring sunscreen if you need it.  Camping is available both
Friday and Saturday nights for anyone interested.

If there are any questions do not hesitate to ask.  We look forward to
seeing you all one more time this season.  Below is a tentative schedule &
directions

-Jon

Schedule:

930-1215     Plant trees, prep soil
1220-115     Potluck Style Lunch
120-200       Farm tour (optional)
2ish-300      Hillside Performance with Middlebury College Choir

Directions:

We are located at 195 Harvey Road off route 116 in Bristol, 4 miles south
of the village.  There is a log pile and small barn complex at Harvey Road
& 116, as well as a blue Bristol Country Store just past this intersection.

At the bottom of Harvey Road turn right onto Shermans Lane and park along
the road,   Additional parking heading slightly up the hill as well as back
on  Harvey.   Look for signs
-------
Jon Turner
(802) 377-1214