[montanafood_ag] Meet the Montana Farm to School Coaches

Roth, Aubree aubree.roth at montana.edu
Tue Nov 12 11:19:07 MST 2019

Montana Team Nutrition Program at Montana State University is excited to introduce our new Montana Farm to School Coaches that are available to help schools in Montana start or grow farm to school programming! Faith Oakland and Ginger Buchanan have been passionate about implementing farm to school in the schools they work in and look forward to providing support to other schools to do the same. The Montana Farm to School Coaches will help guide schools through assessing their current status, strengths, and challenges, developing and implementing an action plan, and tracking change and success. This two-year project has been funded at least in part with Federal funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

If your school is interested in working with a Montana Farm to School Coach, please contact the appropriate coach below or Aubree Roth, Montana Farm to School Coordinator, aubree.roth at montana.edu<mailto:aubree.roth at montana.edu> (406) 994-5996.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D5994A.FE696F90]Faith Oakland
faith.oakland at montana.edu<mailto:faith.oakland at montana.edu>
Based in Fairview, MT

I have bachelor's degrees in English Education and Business Education, a master's degree in Educational Leadership, and master's credentials in English Education. I am in my 24th year of teaching and currently work at my alma mater, Fairview High School, Fairview, Montana. I decided to become a rancher two years ago and in doing so, purchased five bottle calves. My plan is to grow a small herd through breeding my heifers with my Black Angus bull, Ferdinand.

Counties covering: Daniels, Dawson, Garfield, McCone, Petroleum, Phillips, Prairie, Richland, Roosevelt, Sheridan, Valley, Wibaux

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5994A.FE696F90]Ginger Buchanan
ginger.buchanan at montana.edu<mailto:ginger.buchanan at montana.edu>
Based in Ballantine, MT

I am the Food Service Director at Huntley Project Schools in Worden Mt. My husband and I own a small Horse and Cattle operation in Pompeys Pillar, Montana, where we are blessed to raise our two wonderful boys. My family and I moved here from Oklahoma two years ago where we raised Black Angus and Corriente cattle along with training timed event horses. My favorite hobbies are watching my two sons steer wrestle in the sport of rodeo and wrestle for Huntley Project School! I have always enjoyed the outdoors and have managed to find enjoyment in each and every day.
Counties covering: Bighorn, Carbon, Carter, Custer, Fallon, Golden Valley, Musselshell, Powder River, Rosebud, Stillwater, Sweetgrass, Treasure, Yellowstone

--
Aubree Roth
Montana Farm to School Coordinator | Montana Team Nutrition Program