[vetsinag] USDA Programs--Help needed

Margo Hale margoh at ncat.org
Thu Jul 23 10:56:10 MDT 2020

Hello farmer veterans,

Over the next few months our NCAT team will be developing some educational materials on how veterans can access and use USDA programs to support and grow their farming operations. I know many of you have used a variety of USDA programs, so I would like to hear from you. I want to share your experiences, your tips for success, and innovative ways you have leveraged USDA programs to support your farms. I will be compiling resources, recording a podcast, and making some videos.

There are a couple of ways you can help. First, if you'd like to participate in this project, please email a response to the following questions:

1)     Tell me a little bit about yourself and your farm.

2)     What USDA programs and services have you utilized? Farm Service Agency (FSA), Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Rural Development (RD), or others.

3)     Did you have any challenges in accessing these programs? If so, how did you overcome them?

4)     How have these programs helped your farm?

5)     Anything else you want to share?
The second way you can help is by recording an interview with me or sharing your story in a video. Please let me know if you'd be interested in either of those. I'd love to hear from as many of you as possible so that I can develop helpful resources.

You can email me at margoh at ncat.org<mailto:margoh at ncat.org> or give me a call at 479-575-1383.

Thanks

Margo Hale

Margo Hale