[montanafood_ag] CFAC Announces Funding Opportunities for Farm & Food Businesses

Ian Finch Ian at missoulacfac.org
Thu Oct 29 16:05:42 MDT 2020

Hello friends and partners in Montana's food system!

Thank you for being an organization that works with CFAC to ensure a vibrant and healthy food system and support Montana farmers and small food business entrepreneurs.
Two CFAC funding opportunities for farmers and food businesses are open for applications TODAY and we hope you'll help us spread the news to your network through e-news or other channels!

Request for Applications (RFA's) for both opportunities are attached. We've also attached a helpful guide for choosing which funding opportunity is right for applicants! Logos for both programs are attached to use for social media announcements or for your e-news blurb!

The Field Tested Mini Grant Program is designed for specialty crop producers that could benefit from up to $5,000 for on-farm efficiencies and production improvements.
See attached Field Tested RFA and/or visit the Field Tested webpage<https://www.missoulacfac.org/programs/farmer-support/field-tested-mini-grants/> that has everything you need to know, including application links! Application due date: November 19th.

The Kiva Loan Program & Farm Fresh Pitchfest is designed for small scale food and farm businesses looking for interest free, no-fee loans for up to $15,000 for food or farm businesses. See attached Kiva Loan RFA and/or visit the Kiva & Pitchfest webpage<https://www.missoulacfac.org/programs/farmer-support/kiva-loan-program/> that has everything you need to know, including application links! Application due date: November 19th.

Questions? Please e-mail bfrprogram at missoulacfac.org<mailto:bfrprogram at missoulacfac.org> or call (406) 926-1625 and one of our staff members, Ian or Mary, will get back to you shortly!

THANK YOU for helping spread the word to our farms and food businesses!

Mary Ellis and Ian Finch
CFAC Program Managers

Ian Finch | he/him/his
Food Access Programs Manager