[atf-mt] Farmer Veteran Coalition Event - Saturday March 14 + other updates!

Tammy Howard tammyh at ncat.org
Wed Mar 4 16:06:43 MST 2020

Hello!

I hope this finds you well and that the longer days have you all thinking about the upcoming season.

I am excited to share with you this invitation to an introductory Farmer Veteran Coalition meeting in 1 1/2 weeks. This agenda features many of the same support organizations that we feature in our armed to farm training, and I will be talking about Armed to Farm there as well. Although some of the material will be a refresher on ATF content, it brings with it the potential to start a FVC chapter in Montana! Please consider attending, or if you know of veterans that are interested in starting a farm, but haven't had the chance to attend an Armed to Farm training, this might be a good first step.

We are not planning on doing another Armed to Farm this year, but we will be having some events that will support the Montana Armed to Farm Alumni. In May, we will be having a deep dive into working with the NRCS and Soil Conservation Districts to develop your farm conservation plans at Lawrence Rhone's Farm Retreat Center!  Look for a registration soon early next month! Unfortunately we do not have travel scholarships for this event and it is very far away- but we think it will be well worth your time.

We will also be having an Armed to Farm 2.0 in 2021. This will take a deeper dive into finances, marketing, and conservation practices.

I hope to see some of you in Helena on March 14th. Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions.

Best wishes,
Tammy