[montanafood_ag] October 13th Farmer Field Day

nicole jarvis nicole at missoulacfac.org
Wed Sep 29 08:43:22 MDT 2021

Hello All! I hope this email finds you all well.  We will have our final
Farmer Field Day of the 2021 season on October 14th, at Homestead Organics
Farm in Hamilton.  Please share the following details with anyone whom you
think might be interested.  Thanks!

Seed Saving Methods for Small Scale Growers

Homestead Organics Farm – Hamilton, MT

Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 – 4pm

Homestead Organics is a fourteen-acre certified organic farm near Hamilton,
Montana. They produce a variety of vegetables, poultry, and hemp, as well
as seeds they grow for Triple Divide Organic Seed Cooperative. For the past
five years, the farm has primarily been committed to spreading agricultural
knowledge and skills to local youth. The fields and pastures of Homestead
Organics serve as the classroom for Cultivating Connections, an educational
non-profit that provides paid service-learning internships for students
from the local high schools. During this field day attendees will get to
see some seed saving, harvesting, and cleaning techniques in action and
learn about growing vegetables for seed.

*Registration Deadline: Sunday, October 10th, 2021*

*Seed Saving Registration (surveyanyplace.com)
<https://s.surveyanyplace.com/fqggsebn>*

Nicole Jarvis (she/her)

*Beginning Farmer and Rancher Program Coordinator*

Community Food & Agriculture Coalition

missoulacfac.org | (406) 214-1448 (cell)