[montanafood_ag] Organic Seed Commons: Help Shape the Next Organic Seed Growers Conference!

Kiki Hubbard kiki at seedalliance.org
Sat Nov 20 16:15:59 MST 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm writing to share Organic Seed Alliance's call for proposals and suggestions<https://seedalliance.org/conference/> for our next Organic Seed Growers Conference from February 4-11, 2022. It's the first time we've hosted this event virtually, which we hope will increase access and participation. More information is at the following link: https://seedalliance.org/conference/. I'm also pasting some of the conference priorities below.

Proposals are due December 1st!

Thank you for sharing with your colleagues, friends, and networks!

Warm regards,

Kiki

Kristina "Kiki" Hubbard (she/her)

Director of Advocacy & Communications

Organic Seed Alliance

(406) 544-8946

www.seedalliance.org<http://www.seedalliance.org/>

Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/Organic.Seed.Alliance> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/Seed_Alliance> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/organic_seed_alliance/> | Seed Broadcast<https://seedalliance.org/news/>

Priority Topic Areas

Topics reflecting 2022 theme, Organic Seed Commons

  *   Building equity and justice in organic seed communities
  *   Policy and advocacy focused on seed equity and justice
  *   Methods for building community and access beyond the conference cycle in the new Organic Seed Commons virtual platform
  *   Nuts and bolts of growing seed, conducting variety trials, and/or plant breeding (e.g. field practices, seed cleaning, and/or processing, packing, and sales)
  *   Emergent topics related to current events (e.g. COVID lessons and stories)

Topics that reflect ongoing conference priorities with an emphasis on outcomes for seed growers and communities

  *   Advancements in organic plant breeding
  *   Breeding for resiliency and biodiversity, including to mitigate the impacts of climate change
  *   Grower-led and participatory breeding projects
  *   New models for organic seed production, quality assurance, enterprise development, and commercializing new varieties (e.g., alternative approaches to intellectual property)
  *   Understanding the economics of seed production
  *   Timely and emerging policy and advocacy topics that are essential to expanding organic seed systems and that are in need of more clarity, strategy, and discussion
  *   First-person seed stories from a diversity of perspectives and communities, especially encouraged from growers of historical and contemporary culturally significant crops and/or varieties.