[montanafood_ag] Screening of Wendell Berry documentary

Rich Myers richm at ncat.org
Fri May 11 13:51:58 MDT 2018

Hello!

Join us for a free exclusive screening, hosted by NCAT, of the Sundance Films documentary LOOK & SEE, a cinematic portrait of American farmer and writer Wendell Berry, on Tuesday, June 5, beginning at 7:30 p.m. at the Star Theater in Whitehall, Montana.

Wendell Berry is one of America's most significant living writers. The documentary captures the rolling hills and close-knit community of Henry County, Kentucky, where Berry has lived and farmed since the mid-1960s.  Through his eyes, the film recounts the changing landscapes of rural America in the era of industrial agriculture and the beauty in taking the unworn path.

Barry raises questions about our deeply-divided nation where urban consumers remain disconnected from the rural producers whose work sustains their lives. Jeff Schahczenski, agricultural and natural resource economist for NCAT, will lead discussion after the screening about resolving these challenges.

You can learn more about Barry by visiting the film's website or viewing the trailer: https://lookandseefilm.com/<http://out02.thedatabank.com/?r=MTAwMQ0KSjM0NTQzOS1DNDI3LU0yMjYwNTEtLXRlc3QNCjM3NTU2NDI3MTMyNzI4OTEwMTMwNjkxOTQyMjYwNTExMjENCmM5MDAwMDAwMzM4ODUwDQpodHRwczovL2xvb2thbmRzZWVmaWxtLmNvbS8NClRFU1RfX3RyYWlsZXINCnJpY2htQG5jYXQub3Jn>.

For more information, contact Schahczenski at 406-494-4572 or jeffs at ncat.org<mailto:jeffs at ncat.org?subject=LOOK%20%26%20SEE%20Documentary>.

We look forward to seeing you at 7:30 p.m. on June 5th at the Star Theater in Whitehall. And we hope you will pass this along!

Rich Myers
406-494-8675