[montanafood_ag] updated report on 2016 Governor's Summit

Hassanein, Neva Neva.Hassanein at mso.umt.edu
Sun Jan 14 13:13:05 MST 2018

Greetings,

The 2016 Governor’s Summit on Local Food and Ag in Bozeman was a great act of commensal, democratic community with over 200 people from many perspectives coming together for two days in a powerful, working meeting of five topical tracks. I so enjoyed participating, facilitating, and learning from so many of you across our great state.

As you may know, a group of graduate students and I at the University of Montana studied the process and participants.

Please note that we needed to update the report, and address a few editorial problems in the report and video posted on NCAT’s website last summer.  The website is now updated with both the final report and video (December 2017 dates).  Find it at:

https://foodsummit.ncat.org<https://foodsummit.ncat.org/>

I’m also attaching the report here for your ease.   I hope you will check it out and save it for future reference.  For instance, here’s how Summit-goers perceived the state of “Montana’s Local Food and Agriculture System Today” (see p. 12):

[cid:image001.png at 01D38D39.3D1B06B0]

I hope you are all still feeling as positive today, over a year later.  Apologies for the mix up.

All the best to you and yours in the New Year.

Neva Hassanein
Professor, Environmental Studies
University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812