[montanafood_ag] You're Invited to "Local Food Day at the Capitol"

Helena Community Gardens helenacommunitygardens at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 10:29:07 MDT 2017

[image: Forward this message to a friend.]
<http://www3.thedatabank.com/dpg/_public/hasFriend.asp?aacwc=371564275085812050689198639128&email=helenacommunitygardens%40gmail.com>

------------------------------

*Why Does Local Food Matter to You?*

*Join Us to Celebrate Montana’s Local Food Economy -*

*YOUR Presence and YOUR Voice Matters!*

*WHAT:* Local Food Day at the Capitol: *Celebrating the Impact of
Montana-Grown Food on Our Economy, Health, and Communities*

*WHEN: *Monday, March 27, 2017, from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

*WHERE:* Capitol Rotunda in Helena, MT (1301 6th Street, Helena, MT 59601)

*WHO:*  All those who stand up for the local food system – farmers,
ranchers, chefs, food service directors, families, kids, non-profits and
other organizations, and everyone who loves to eat local food.

This event is an opportunity for everyone who cares about Montana’s local
food system to come together and *celebrate the impact local food has on
our economy, health, and communities* while the Montana Legislature is in
session. *Show that YOU care about our local food system by attending.* If
you want to set up meetings with your legislators, you can find contact
information for them here
<http://leg.mt.gov/css/About-the-Legislature/Lawmaking-Process/contact-legislators.asp>
.

There will be various exhibit tables in the Capitol Rotunda between 11:00
a.m. and 2:00 p.m. with information about local food programs and
activities in Montana. Additionally, there will be a short program
featuring a few speakers over the noon hour.

*Tabling in the Rotunda*

If you or your organization would like to share materials on a table during
the event, please send an email to travism at ncat.org and select one of the
following options:

   - I request a full exhibitor table
   - I would like to share a table with one other exhibitor
   - I will display 1 or 2 materials on the community table

Space is limited, so please be considerate of others that want table space.
Exhibit space is available on a first come first served basis, so please
respond soon with your interest.

*“Local Food Day at the Capitol"* is sponsored by the Grow Montana Food
Policy Coalition <http://growmontana.ncat.org/> and the Montana Farm to
School Leadership Team
<http://www.montana.edu/mtfarmtoschool/leadership-team/>.

And make sure to share the Facebook Event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/210156666129038/> for “Local Food Day at
the Capitol” on social media.

Like Grow Montana and follow us on Facebook @growmontana
<https://www.facebook.com/growmontana/?fref=ts>
[image: Follow NCAT on Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Center-for-Appropriate-Technology-NCAT/136926283034065>
[image:
Follow NCAT on Twitter] <https://www.twitter.com/ncat_org> [image: Follow
NCAT on LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/national-center-for-appropriate-technology>

*Copyright © 2016 The National Center for Appropriate Technology*

*NCAT mailing address:*
P.O. Box 3838
Butte, MT 59702
1-800-ASK-NCAT

Please consider a donation
<http://out02.thedatabank.com/?r=MTAwMw0KSjI4ODYyOS1DNDI3LU0xOTg2MzktLW5jYXRlbWFpbA0KMzcxNTY0Mjc1MDg1ODEyMDUwNjg5MTk4NjM5MTI4DQphOTAwMDAwMDQyYWU1YQ0KaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGhlZGF0YWJhbmsuY29tL2RwZy80Mjcvc3BkZi5hc3A%2fZm9ybWlkPXN1cHBvcnRzcGRmDQpzdXBwb3J0c3BkZg0KaGVsZW5hY29tbXVuaXR5Z2FyZGVuc0BnbWFpbC5jb20%3d>
to NCAT. Your support helps NCAT promote sustainable solutions.

Become an E-news Subscriber
<http://out02.thedatabank.com/?r=MTAwMw0KSjI4ODYyOS1DNDI3LU0xOTg2MzktLW5jYXRlbWFpbA0KMzcxNTY0Mjc1MDg1ODEyMDUwNjg5MTk4NjM5MTI4DQphOTAwMDAwMDQyYWU1YQ0KaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGhlZGF0YWJhbmsuY29tL2RwZy80MjcvcGVyc29uYWwyLmFzcD9mb3JtaWQ9c2lnbnVwDQpzaWdudXANCmhlbGVuYWNvbW11bml0eWdhcmRlbnNAZ21haWwuY29t>

*Pass it on!*
If you know someone who may be interested in receiving this information,
please forward it to a friend
<http://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/_public/hasFriend.asp?aacwc=371564275085812050689198639128&email=helenacommunitygardens%40gmail.com>
.

*THE NCAT MISSION*
*Helping people by championing small-scale, local, and sustainable
solutions to reduce poverty, promote healthy communities, and protect
natural resources.*

Unsubscribe
<https://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/_public/smSub.asp?aacwc=371564275085812050689198639128>
|| Privacy Policy <http://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/_public/PMPrivacy.html>

Unsubscribe
<https://www3.thedatabank.com/dpg/_public/smSub.asp?aacwc=371564275085812050689198639128>

[image: thedatabank, gbc.] <https://www.thedatabank.com/>

--
Find us on Facebook! <https://www.facebook.com/HelenaCommunityGardens/>

Jackie Heinert
HCG Coordinator
(406) 438-6049
Office Hours M,W,Th 9am-4pm
<http://helenagardens.org/>
Helena Community Gardens mission is to build gardens, provide the tools and
knowledge to grow food, and increase access to healthy and affordable food.
We are a proud partner of United Way of Lewis and Clark County
<http://unitedwaylca.org/>