[montanafood_ag] Bozeman Thanksgiving Farmers' Market Tomorrow!

Stephanie Archer wintermarketbozeman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 14:09:34 MST 2016

Greetings!

You are cordially invited to attend the Thanksgiving Farmers’ Market on Saturday, November 19th between 9 am and 12 pm in the upstairs of the Emerson Center. This year marks the second consecutive year where The Emerson Holiday Bazaar and the Bozeman Winter Farmers’ Market have teamed up to provide a special shopping outing for our community.

Year after year, area farmers, ranchers, and producers are pushing themselves to increase options and quantities available. The winter months are no exception!

The holiday is quickly approaching and this is the time to get recipes in order. To help out, we’ve brainstormed several delicious Thanksgiving worthy recipe ideas using local ingredients that will be available at Saturday’s market. Identify the recipe ideas below that peak your interest then search the Internet for the actual recipe. Our favorite websites are Food52, Smitten Kitchen, 101cookbooks, and Bon Appetit.

THANKSGIVING 2016

COCKTAILS

beet infused gin cocktail

rosemary syrup gimlet cocktail

APPETIZERS

pickled vegetables, sauerkraut, assorted cheeses on toast points

SOUPS

winter squash

potato leek

creamy parsnip

celeriac potato

carrot ginger

SALADS

roasted beet salad with arugula and micro greens

farro cabbage salad with watermelon radish

roasted squash with fresh greens

SIDES

garlic mashed potatoes

medley of roasted root vegetables

candied beets

swiss chard tart

twice baked russet potatoes

honey-glazed squash

MAINS

pork tenderloin

pork or beef roast

lamb chops

fresh pasta

variety of steaks

wild-caught salmon

vegetable wellington

DESSERT

apple crisp

pumpkin pie

flight of beet, pumpkin and honey gelato

assorted cheese with sliced apple

post-post luck herbal tea

With Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday and Giving Tuesday are all in the near future, be sure to give thanks and show your support for our hardworking food purveyors by stocking up at this weekend’s Farmers’ Market.

Sincerely, Your local food steward, Stephanie Archer

Stephanie Archer
Manager, Bozeman Winter Farmers’ Market <https://bozemanwintermarket.wordpress.com/>
(406) 579-9382

2016-2017 Winter Market Dates