[montanafood_ag] Building our local economy with Montana food

Maggie Zaback maggie at northernplains.org
Wed Mar 11 12:13:39 MDT 2015

​
Building our local economy with Montana food

Ken Meter, a food system analyst and economics professor, will speak about
using Montana food as a tool for economic development in Eastern Montana.

Ken Meter is president of Crossroads Resource Center in Minneapolis, which
offers research and training tools for neighborhoods, communities, and
others working toward keeping our food dollars in our communities, and our
diverse agricultural operations viable.

The event will be hosted by Northern Plains Resource Council and its
Billings affiliate, Yellowstone Valley Citizens Council.[image:
YVCC_localfoodpresentation_postcard_2015-02-25]

*TuesdayMarch 31*
*6:30 PM*
*Billings Public Library*
*Community Room*
*Light refreshments will be served*

Meter will present a picture of the food system around Yellowstone County
and highlight the possibilities for building vibrant local food economies.
>From food security to business development opportunities, Meter shows how
supporting our regional food system can help us all grow.

If you have any questions please contact maggie at northernplains.org or call
406-248-1154.

*Maggie Zaback*

Field Organizer

Northern Plains Resource Council

220 South 27th Street, Suite A
Billings, MT 59101
Phone: 406.248.1154  x117
Fax:  406.248.2110
maggie at northernplains.org <svein at northernplains.org>

www.northernplains.org

www.facebook.com/northernplainsresourcecouncil
<https://www.facebook.com/northernplainsresourcecouncil?sk=wall>

Northern Plains Resource Council is a grassroots conservation and family
agriculture group. We organize Montana citizens to protect our water
quality, family farms and ranches, and unique quality of life. *If you
aren't a member, you should join!*