[montanafood_ag] FoodCorps MT blog post update!

Kirsten Gerbatsch kirsten.gerbatsch at foodcorps.org
Wed Jun 4 17:17:28 MDT 2014

The latest from FoodCorps Montana service members:

"On a Thursday morning in early May, I informed the principal of Bigfork
School, Matt Jensen, that two local sushi chefs were coming in to teach knife
skills to seventh and eighth graders. Mr. Jensen was a little taken aback,
but he rolled with it and requested only that I not let any of the kids
lose any fingers. I had been leading bimonthly healthy cooking projects for
Mary Ahnert’s health classes throughout the year, and this would be the
first time we would use an entire session to focus on knife skills. Tiffany
Newman and Drake Doepke, the co-owners of a popular Bigfork sushi
restaurant called Sake To Me, had generously offered to visit Mrs. Ahnert’s
classes to share their precise cutting techniques with the students."

To read further about FoodCorps member Zoe Tucker's farm to school
education approach, and bringing in local sushi chefs to teach young
students knife skills and  bring them closer to cooking & eating healthy,
whole foods, visit our FoodCorps Montana blog
<http://www.montanafoodcorps.org/2014/06/farm-to-knife.html>.

Thanks, everyone!
Kirsten

*Kirsten Gerbatsch*