[montanafood_ag] New FoodCorps Montana blog post up!

Kirsten Gerbatsch kirsten.gerbatsch at foodcorps.org
Mon Jan 13 15:45:41 MST 2014

 "Hey! You are the teacher that helps us not to be afraid of trying new
foods!"
<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uqj2ebtNfPk/UssM-Y0k29I/AAAAAAAABVU/7LQJOgIM8Pw/s1600/IMG_9031.JPG>
hear these words from a sweet five year old girl, "Alice." She is proudly
holding a piece of pear in her hand as I mill through the lunch room,
encouraging students to try our new menu item, tabbouleh.
            Her statement alone warms my heart, but the fact that this
specific girl said those words makes me feel like my nutrition education
efforts in the classroom are beginning to make a difference.

Check out FoodCorps service member Camille McGoven's blog post, just up on
the FoodCorps MT blog, entitled, "Two Bites of Confidence."

Read on to learn more about the way Camille inspires young students to try
new, healthy foods:
http://www.montanafoodcorps.org/2014/01/two-bites-of-confidence.html

*Kirsten Gerbatsch*
*Montana FoodCorps Fellow*