[montanafood_ag] Starting the new year off right!

Stephanie Potts stephaniep at ncat.org
Wed Jan 8 12:16:59 MST 2014

Hello, and happy 2014, everyone!

As we get ready for a fruitful new year, I wanted to take a chance to reach out to everyone with a thank you and a reminder.

First, thank you to all of you who supported the work of the Grow Montana coalition during 2013. Thanks to your donations, participation at meetings, calls, e-mails, and ideas, we:

    * Secured $600,000 to support Montana’s sustainable food and energy entrepreneurs
    * Garnered bi-partisan support in the legislature to support farm to school programs
    * Helped usher in a thorough review of state-wide food safety regulations
    * Educated youth and adults about the importance of a vibrant Montana-based food economy... and more!

We could not have done it without you, and we look forward to engaging more with you in the coming year! ...In fact, we're jumping right into things in 2014, working to fix Montana's food laws, and we need you!

Missoula food safety hearing TOMORROW, 1/9:

Have you been impacted (positively or negatively) by Montana’s current food safety laws? Do you have an idea for an improvement, or a story to tell? If so, please join Grow Montana and others at a meeting in Missoula (1/9), Bozeman (1/16), or Billings (1/21) to have your say! For more information, see the notice on our website.

Our goal is to streamline Montana’s food safety regulations so that local businesses and producers can easily, safely, and successfully run a business. To accomplish that, we need a good turnout of people who can tell their stories at the meeting. If you have something to share about food regulations in Montana, I hope to see you there!

The Missoula meeting is tomorrow from 10-2 on the UM campus in the continuing education building, room 204. The continuing education building is attached to the back (Mount Jumbo) side of the University Center, near the parking lot for the library. Click here for a map.

Thank you again, everyone!

-Stephanie

Stephanie Laporte Potts
Grow Montana Coordinator