[montanafood_ag] Farm to School Bill succeeds on the House Floor!

Stephanie Potts stephaniep at ncat.org
Fri Mar 15 13:54:43 MDT 2013

Friends,

Today was a great day for Farm to School! HB-471 , the Farm to School bill, passed its second reading in the House of Representatives by a bipartisan, 70-29 super-majority! (Click here to see how your Representative voted.)

Thank you so much to everyone who reached out to your Representatives to ask them to support the bill-- We could not have done it without you.

There's still a ways to go-- the next step is the House Appropriations Committee, and then we head to the Senate to repeat the whole process--but this certainly puts some wind in our sails!

Thank you all, again! Have a lovely March Montana weekend,

Stephanie
--

Stephanie Laporte Potts
Grow Montana Coordinator
stephaniep at ncat.org
734.476.7353

P.S. Please consider contributing to Grow Montana’s efforts to build a more robust and vibrant Montana food system during the legislative session and beyond. We still have about $2,000 left to reach our legislative action goal, and continue our efforts throughout the session. Can you help us get there, and make bills like HB-471 a reality?