[montanafood_ag] March update

Nancy Moore nancym at ncat.org
Thu Mar 7 15:00:34 MST 2013

Hi everyone,

A monthly update from Farm to Cafeteria Network, a program of the National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT):

Reminder to producers: We have partnered with AERO and MSU Extension to put together a questionnaire for food producers and processors interested in selling to institutions. The survey should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete and will help connect you with buyers! Learn more and fill out the survey here https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FCN_Producer_Survey by March 22 (we've extended the deadline). So far 14 producers have responded and we know there are more of you out there getting good food to institutions!

Youth Leadership Retreat : We're excited to announce that high schools students from 18 different schools in Montana applied for our first-ever Youth Leadership Retreat! We will be inviting 34 of the student applicants to participate in the sustainable food and agriculture retreat taking place April 27-28 at Camp Mak-A-Dream. Thanks to all of you who helped spread the word to our state's young people.

March Homegrown Profile: State of the Cafeteria Address "I must say it hasn’t been the shining star Far m to Cafeteria programs that have impressed me most in my work. Instead I’ve been surprised and impressed by the quantity of smaller, lesser-known Farm to Cafeteria programs that dot our rural landscapes. They’re out there, and they’re increasing. " Read more from my personal reflection about the state of Montana cafeterias in this month's Homegrown Profile: http://farmtocafeteria.ncat.org/

Hope you have a great weekend!
-Nancy Moore

Farm to Cafeteria Network Coordinator
3040 Continental Drive, Butte MT 59701