[montanafood_ag] Montana Beef to School Coalition Meeting - RSVP Reminder!

Lea Howe lea.howe at foodcorps.org
Thu Jul 25 12:15:09 MDT 2013

Hello!

This is a reminder to RSVP by tomorrow, Friday the 26th, for our very
first, IN-PERSON Montana Beef to School Coalition meeting. To RSVP please
visit the Farm to Cafeteria Network's
site<http://farmtocafeteria.ncat.org/submit/>.
We really appreciate you letting us know in advance that you can make it!
We will be setting up tables/chairs and providing coffee and light snacks
in the morning and want to make sure everyone is accounted for.

I've provided the agenda and meeting details below.

Hope to see you all there! And please feel free to reach out if you have
any questions.

All the best,
Lea

Ps. Please remember to bring $8 for a group lunch.

*Montana Beef to School Coalition Meeting*

*Where:*    The National Center for Appropriate Technology

               3040 Continental Drive

               Butte-Silver Bow, MT 59701

*Who:* Hosted by Farm to Cafeteria Network, FoodCorps,and  Montana Team

Nutrition

*When:* July 31, 2013 from 10AM – 4PM

*Purpose:* Identify the current challenges for local beef to school and the
opportunities working as a coalition presents to meet these challenges.
This meeting is also an opportunity to share information among different
stakeholders and to come together to envision the common purpose and goals
of the group—what the coalition is and why it needs to exist.

*AGENDA*

9:00-9:45 - Optional tour of Ranchland Packing Facility

Directions: Head east on I-90.  Take exit 124 toward City Center/ I-115.
 Keep right at the fork (exit 1) to continue toward Excelsior Ave.  At stop
sign, turn right on S. Excelsior Ave.  Continue almost half a mile, then
turn left on Centennial Ave.  Ranchland Packing: 1201 Centennial Ave

10:00 - Arrive, get coffee, settle in

10:10 – Welcome and Introductions

10:30-12:30PM – Presentations and Discussion

• Aubree Roth – School Nutrition Programs, Food Supply, Meal Patterns

• Katie Wheeler/Jenny Montague – School Food Budget, Procurement,     Best
Practices

• Cole Mannix – Economics of MT Beef to School

• Stephanie Potts – Beef to School Policy

• Processor?

12:30 -- Lunch Break

1:30 – Facilitated Visioning/Messaging Session with Carl Little, NCAT’s
Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Communities Program Manager

3:30 – Next steps for Montana Beef to School Coalition

4:00 – Conclusion of meeting

--
*Lea Howe*
FoodCorps Fellow, Montana