[montanafood_ag] Fwd: Montana Beef to School Coalition Meeting - Agenda and RSVP!

Lea Howe lea.howe at foodcorps.org
Mon Jul 15 14:27:06 MDT 2013

Good Afternoon!

I hope everyone is enjoying summer across the state. I want to send out an
open invitation to our very first Montana Beef to School Coalition Meeting
in two weeks! I've copied (and attached) the agenda and meeting details
below. If you are interested in or actively working on getting more local
beef into schools (or other public institutions), your presence and
participation will be very valuable. We are so excited to finally sit down
IN PERSON and have some vibrant discussion about how to best move forward
as a coalition and get more Montana raised and processed beef into public
schools in the coming year.

As you will see below, we'll have presentations from Aubree Roth, Katie
Wheeler, Cole Mannix and Stephanie Potts followed by a facilitation
mission/visioning session with Carl Little, NCAT’s Sustainable Agriculture
and Rural Communities Program Manager.

Please take a moment to RSVP for the meeting
HERE<http://farmtocafeteria.ncat.org/submit/>by Monday July 29th.
Also, please remember to bring $8 for a group lunch.
If you have any questions about or suggestions for the meeting, please feel
free to email me anytime (lea.howe at foodcorps.org). If you cannot make it on
the 31st and would like to stay informed about the coalition's plans and
upcoming meetings/calls, please email Nancy Moore (nancym at ncat.org).

We hope to see you all there! And don't forget to
RSVP<http://farmtocafeteria.ncat.org/submit/>
!

All the best,
Lea Howe

*Montana Beef to School Coalition Meeting*

*Where:*    The National Center for Appropriate Technology

               3040 Continental Drive

               Butte-Silver Bow, MT 59701

*Who:* Hosted by Farm to Cafeteria Network, FoodCorps,and  Montana Team

Nutrition

*When:* July 31, 2013 from 10AM – 4PM

*Purpose:* Identify the current challenges for local beef to school and the
opportunities working as a coalition presents to meet these challenges.
This meeting is also an opportunity to share information among different
stakeholders and to come together to envision the common purpose and goals
of the group—what the coalition is and why it needs to exist.

*AGENDA*

9:00-9:45 - Optional tour of Ranchland Packing Facility

Directions: Head east on I-90.  Take exit 124 toward City Center/ I-115.
 Keep right at the fork (exit 1) to continue toward Excelsior Ave.  At stop
sign, turn right on S. Excelsior Ave.  Continue almost half a mile, then
turn left on Centennial Ave.  Ranchland Packing: 1201 Centennial Ave

10:00 - Arrive, get coffee, settle in

10:10 – Welcome and Introductions

10:30-12:30PM – Presentations and Discussion

• Aubree Roth – School Nutrition Programs, Food Supply, Meal Patterns

• Katie Wheeler/Jenny Montague – School Food Budget, Procurement,     Best
Practices

• Cole Mannix – Economics of MT Beef to School

• Stephanie Potts – Beef to School Policy

• Processor?

12:30 -- Lunch Break

1:30 – Facilitated Visioning/Messaging Session with Carl Little, NCAT’s
Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Communities Program Manager

3:30 – Next steps for Montana Beef to School Coalition

4:00 – Conclusion of meeting

--
*Lea Howe*
FoodCorps Fellow, Montana