[montanafood_ag] FW: Proposed Produce Rule Comment Period Extended and PSA Updates
hreid at mt.gov
Wed Apr 24 12:28:28 MDT 2013
As detailed below, the comment period has been extended for the Preventive Controls and Produce Safety proposed rules to Sept 16, 2013.
Howard Reid, R.S., Manager
Food, Drug & Cosmetics Program
1400 Broadway Street, RM C214
PO BOX 202951
Helena, MT 59620-2951
Ph: (406) 444-5306
Fax: (406) 444-5055
From: bounce-84425342-20624842 at list.cornell.edu [mailto:bounce-84425342-20624842 at list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of *Wall, Gretchen L.
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:20 PM
To: Reid, Howard
Subject: Proposed Produce Rule Comment Period Extended and PSA Updates
Hello Produce Safety Alliance Members:
Just a quick note to update you on the Produce Safety proposed rule as well as available resources from the Produce Safety Alliance.
FSMA Updates & Comment Period Extensions
The FDA issued Federal Register notices today to extend the comment periods on the proposed rules for Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food (the Preventive Controls proposed rule) and Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption (the Produce Safety proposed rule) until September 16, 2013.
The comment period for the Draft Qualitative Risk Assessment of Risk of Activity/Food Combinations for Activities (Outside the Farm Definition) Conducted in a Facility Co-Located on a Farm is also extended.
To view these notices, please visit the links below:
* Federal Register Notice: Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food: Extension of Comment Period<https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/04/26/2013-09763/extension-of-comment-periods-current-good-manufacturing-practice-and-hazard-analysis-and-risk-based?source=govdelivery>
* Federal Register Notice: Standards for Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption: Extension of Comment Period<https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/04/26/2013-09761/extension-of-comment-periods-standards-for-growing-harvesting-packing-and-holding-of-produce-for?source=govdelivery>
* Federal Register Notice: Draft Qualitative Risk Assessment of Risk of Activity/Food Combinations for Activities (Outside the Farm Definition) Conducted in Facility Co-Located on Farm; Availability: Extension of Comment Period<https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/04/26/2013-09762/extension-of-comment-period-draft-qualitative-risk-assessment-of-risk-of-activityfood-combinations?source=govdelivery>
As a reminder, there are two ways to comment:
1.) Comment electronically at http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=FDA-2011-N-0921
2.) Written comments may be faxed to the FDA at 301-827-6870 or you may mail them to:
Division of Dockets Management (HFA-305)
Food and Drug Administration
5630 Fishers Lane, Room 1061
Rockville, MD 20852
April 22, 2013 - Soil Amendment Q & A Recording Now Available Online
* The third question and answer teleconference recording is now available on the PSA website if you missed Monday's session (April 22). Additionally, the first two session recordings on Understanding Exemptions (March 18) and Agricultural Water (March 25) are available online at: http://producesafetyalliance.cornell.edu/news.html
* The full teleconference Q & A schedule <http://producesafetyalliance.cornell.edu/news.html> is posted online. The next session is scheduled for May 3, 2013 at 11 AM EST to discuss Wildlife and Domestic Animals. General information on the teleconference series, call-in information, and instructions is available at: http://producesafetyalliance.cornell.edu/PSA-FDAUpdatedQA4-4-13.pdf
Keep those comments coming!
Produce Safety Alliance Program Coordinator
Department of Food Science
8 Stocking Hall
Ithaca, NY 14850
Email: glw53 at cornell.edu<mailto:glw53 at cornell.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the montanafood_ag