[montanafood_ag] Help us advocate for a stronger Montana food system!

Stephanie Potts stephaniep at ncat.org
Thu Apr 18 15:18:35 MDT 2013

Friends,

A strong food system for Montana starts with good food policy—which is why I’m writing to you today.

The Montana legislature is currently in session, and the Grow Montana coalition and our allies are on the ground in Helena to support food and agriculture in Montana. We are working hard to expand local markets, promote Farm to School, secure funding for food entrepreneurs, address food safety regulations, protect agricultural lands, and more.

And we still have a lot to do before the legislative session is over!

I'm reaching out to you today with an opportunity to join our efforts by contributing to GrowMontana's legislative action fund. We are nearing the end of the session and still need to raise about $1000 more in order to keep our efforts going full-force to the very end. These special legislative "unrestricted" funds are essential in allowing us to be keyed in to the events in Helena and to effectively advocate for policies to support a more robust Montana food system. They have, and continue to be, been critical in our work. Would you consider helping us see our work through to the end? Every little bit helps!

If you are interested in contributing, and would like to learn more, I'd be happy to speak with you. If you're already on board and want to donate, it is easy to do! (And thank you!) You can donate online at our website or send a check made out to the National Center for Appropriate Technology to: P.O. Box 3838, Butte, MT 59702. Checks should be made out to NCAT with a notation on the memo line that the funds are for Grow Montana. There is also a place on the online form to indicate that your gift is earmarked for Grow Montana's legislative work. (Please note that donations for lobbying are not tax deductible.)

Thank you so much for considering helping us. Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions, thoughts, or ideas.

Have a lovely day,

Stephanie

P.S. Regardless of whether you are able to contribute, I hope you'll stay connected to Grow Montana in the future!

Stephanie Laporte Potts
Grow Montana Coordinator
stephaniep at ncat.org
734.476.7353

Stay connected to us:
Like GrowMontana on Facebook
Join the Montana Food and Ag. Listserve

Grow Montana, a project of the National Center for Appropriate Technology, is a collaborative coalition working to build a more robust and vibrant Montana food system. Our steering committee members include Alternative Energy Resources Organization (AERO), Artemis Common Ground, Lake County Community Development Corporation, Montana Farmers Union, Missoula County Community Food & Agriculture Coalition, Montana Food Bank Network, University of Montana Farm to College, National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT), and the National Farm to School Network. The coalition also welcomes input from the Montana Department of Agriculture and other state agencies.