[montanafood_ag] Raise your voice for Montana's food and ag. entrepreneurs!

Stephanie Potts stephaniep at ncat.org
Tue Apr 9 09:31:53 MDT 2013

Greetings friends,

This Thursday, April 11, the Senate Finance and Claims Committee will hear HB 420 , and we need your help.

HB 420 supports Montana’s network of Food & Agriculture Development Centers , which assist entrepreneurs in the areas of food manufacturing and alternative energy production. These centers, based at the Mission Mountain Food Enterprise Center (Ronan), Headwaters RC&D (Butte and Dillon), Bearpaw Development Center (Havre), and Beartooth RC&D (Joliet), hold tremendous potential for economic development for Montana by ensuring that more of the state’s food, agricultural, and energy dollars circulate in Montana – revitalizing communities, improving access to healthier food for our citizens, and reconnecting our rural and urban economies.

Voice your support for HB 420!
HB-420 will be heard by the Senate Finance and Claims committee at 8am on Thursday, April 11--

C an you call or write the Senate Finance and Claims committee and ask them to vote YES for HB 420?

It is easy to contact Representatives:
1) Call (406) 444-4800 to leave a message for legislators.
2) Send a written message using this online form .

You can send a message to one legislator or the entire Senate Finance and Claims Committee .
(If you live in one of the committee member’s districts, it is best to contact them individually.)

Ask them to support the Montana’s Food and Ag. Development Centers and HB-420.

You might want to tell them:
· The Food & Agriculture Development Centers are part of an effective economic development strategy to help retain in-state the value that is added to Montana’s agricultural products.
· In 2012 alone, Center clients created Introduced 47 new products; started 19 new businesses; undertook 24 business expansions; created 41.5 new jobs ’ and leveraged over $2,000,000 in outside funding , over one third from private sources.
· Collectively, the centers have served 100 new and existing businesses, and helped to create or retain over 130 jobs.
· In 2012 the Centers saw a 24% increase in the number of clients. In order to maintain continued growth, the Centers need adequate funding.

Thank you for making your voice heard! Feel free to contact me for more information about HB 420 and the Montana Food & Agriculture Development Centers .

Thank you,

Stephanie Laporte Potts

P.S. Please consider contributing to Grow Montana’s efforts during the legislative session. We’ve been working hard to reach out to our network of supporters, but we still have about $2,000 left to reach our legislative action goal.

If we are to keep our efforts going through to the end of the session, meeting this funding goal is critical . Can you help us get there, and make bills like HB-420 a reality?
--

Stephanie Laporte Potts
Grow Montana Coordinator
stephaniep at ncat.org