[montanafood_ag] Butter Making in Billings

Lea Howe lea.howe at foodcorps.org
Fri Apr 5 14:50:32 MDT 2013

"The first day of spring—the Vernal Equinox—inevitably brings with it a
sense of renewal and hope for growth. Since January, we have been sifting
through seed catalogs, drawing out garden plans, and planning garden work
days for the coming spring. Toscano Kale, King Richard Leeks, and Bull’s
Blood Beets have become common vocabulary. We shared pictures of fruits and
vegetables fresh from Johnny’s seed catalog and identified seeds straight
from their packets.

We’re ready for spring but first planting is still weeks away. So, I spent
the last few days waiting by making bread and butter!..."

Read on to learn about butter making with FoodCorps Service Member, Madyson
Versteeg!

http://www.montanafoodcorps.org/

--
*Lea Howe*