[montanafood_ag] Ken Meter to speak in Red Lodge on April 12th

Alyssa Charney alyssa.charney at foodcorps.org
Tue Apr 2 12:13:32 MDT 2013

Join the Red Lodge Area Food Partnership
Council<http://www.foodpartnership.org/>in welcoming Ken Meter to Red
Lodge on Friday, April 12, 7:00 pm, at the
Elks Club (114 N. Broadway). His talk is titled “*Local Food as a Strategy
for Economic Development.”* Ken Meter is one of the foremost food system
analysts in the U.S. and President of Crossroads Resource
Center<http://www.crcworks.org>.
He is a strategic consultant to food hubs and food business clusters across
the country and has previously done significant work across Montana. Meter
will share his experiences and findings, while offering innovative ideas to
strengthen our community's local food system.

We hope you will join us for this unique opportunity to listen to and
dialogue with Ken talk about wealth, health and community self-reliance
through a strong local food economy.

The Food Partnership Council thanks the Beartooth Front Community Forum,
Carbon County Resource Council and Beartooth RC&D for their sponsorship of
this evening. This event is free and will include desserts made with local
food by local chefs. For more information, contact Janet Peterson at
foodpartnership at gmail.com or (406) 425-3806.

--
Alyssa Charney
<alyssa.charney at foodcorps.org>FoodCorps Service Member