[montanafood_ag] Valuable resources from my online safety forums in Billings and Kalispell

Senator Jon Tester senator at tester.senate.gov
Fri Jan 6 18:30:26 MST 2012

6

JAN 12

Dear Montana Food and Agriculture listserv,

Yesterday I had the opportunity to talk with hundreds of Montana parents, educators and students about online safety. In Kalispell and Billings I teamed up with experts from Facebook, along with state and local officials to share information and answer questions on this important topic.

Social media can build positive connections for young people. It can also provide an outlet for risky and unhealthy behavior like bullying and harassment.  We shared reporting tools and other resources to combat these problems. I want to be sure you have the opportunity to review these resources, in case you were not able to attend.

http://www.onguardonline.gov/

http://www.facebook.com/safety

You can learn more about these community forums from news stories and TV coverage of the events.

I hope you and your family have a chance to review these resources as we head into the New Year.

Best --

 TESTER.SENATE.GOV   |         UNSUBSCRIBE