[montanafood_ag] Farm Bill Mark-Up Happening Tomorrow, We Need Your Call Today

Kevin Moore kmoore at aeromt.org
Tue Apr 24 09:21:15 MDT 2012

A few weeks ago you might have heard that that the 2012 Farm Bill was on its
way.  Well, the first draft is here - and it doesn't do nearly as much as it
should for beginning farmers, local and regional food systems, or natural
resource conservation.

Tomorrow the Senate agriculture committee <http://www.ag.senate.gov/about>
will vote on a series of amendments to the draft bill, including amendments
that help more schools serve fresh, healthy, local food and provide critical
support for beginning farmers and ranchers.

There will certainly be other chances to make your voice heard, but it's
safe to venture that 80+% of the final farm bill will be what comes out of
Senate Committee this week. I know you have heard it before, but this is
go-time.

We have only a one-day window - these amendments were filed yesterday and
will be voted on tomorrow - so Senator Baucus needs to hear from you today!

Call Senator Baucus today:  (202) 224-2651

When you call, simply ask for the staffer who works on agriculture, and
deliver this message:  "I support sensible farm policy including programs
that help beginning farmers and rancher succeed and healthy local food for
schoolchildren. Please support the Casey Farm to School amendment and the
Brown-Nelson AGI amendment!"

Looking for more details? Click here. <http://bit.ly/FBaction>

Please call today - it's easy and it takes just a moment to deliver this
important message.

Thank you for taking the time.

Kevin Moore
Sustainable Food & Agriculture Program Manager
Alternative Energy Resources Organization (AERO)
432 N. Last Chance Gulch, Helena, MT 59601
Office: (406) 443-7272 / Fax: (406) 442-9120
www.aeromt.org /  <mailto:slesnar at aeromt.org> kmoore at aeromt.org

AERO has been building communities by linking people, sustainable
agriculture and energy solutions since 1974.  If you're not already a
member, please join us today at  <http://www.aeromt.org/about-us/join-us/>
www.aeromt.org!