[montanafood_ag] Have you hugged your food service director today?

Crissie McMullan crissiem at ncat.org
Mon Sep 12 11:38:21 MDT 2011

Hi all,
In today's blog, Montana FoodCorps member Lindsay Howard, serving with LCCDC's Mission Mountain Food Enterprise Center, asks the question, and gets fired up about getting local food into Flathead area schools.

"The three Sysco representatives arrived half an hour early for the meeting. Yikes! I still had lentil burgers to prepare, a sign-up sheet to pull together, and flip charts to hang. I pointed them to the conference room, and hurried my pace. In another few minutes would arrive a rep from the Western Montana Growers Cooperative, as well as the school food service directors from Ronan, Kalispell, Polson, St. Ignatius, and Two Eagle Rivers School (a private tribal school), and I needed to be ready."

What happens next? Find out at www.montanafoodcorps.blogspot.com

All the best,
Crissie

FoodCorps for Rural Montana Project Director
National FoodCorps Co-Founder
www.growmontana.ncat.org
www.foodcorps.org
406.531.5162