[montanafood_ag] Join us for UM's 2nd Annual Fall Feastival

Finch, Ian ian.finch at mso.umt.edu
Wed Sep 7 14:08:19 MDT 2011

Greetings All,

University Dining Services at the University of Montana would like to announce our second annual Fall Feastival.  This special event is a celebration of Montana's agricultural heritage and UM's Farm to College Program, which seeks to support agriculture and economic development statewide through the purchase of local food.  This meal represents a collaborative approach to local food procurement, where the commitment between Dining Services and producer partners is arranged before the growing season begins.

This year the harvest feast will be on the Oval at the University of Montana, featuring an all-local menu made possible through a year's work of 24 Montana producers and businesses, including the Western Montana Growers Cooperative and Mission Mountain Food Enterprise Center.  The meal is available to those on campus who have meal plans and is $9.95 for anyone who wishes to taste the bounty of Montana's agriculture.  There will be a media gallery depicting a holistic view of Montana's agricultural cycle with beautiful photographs of the farms and ranches that grew the food just for this event.  Also, stop by to find out more about our Farm to College Program and check out the tables of some of our producer partners.

The menu will feature grass-fed braised beef, chicken, and vegetarian options, a variety of farm fresh produce, artisan breads baked by our own Bear Claw Bakery, and fruity desserts with Big Dipper Ice Cream.

So come relax with us on the oval and fill your belly with delicious local food and entertainment by Shane Clouse and Stomping Ground!  For more information, including the complete menu and producer partners, check out the Feastival webpage: http://life.umt.edu/dining/sustainability/feastival.php

I hope to see you there!

Ian Finch
Farm to College Coordinator
University Dining Services