[montanafood_ag] Undaunted: MT FoodCorps' Anina Estrem Plants Seeds in Rosebud…in October

Crissie McMullan crissiem at ncat.org
Mon Oct 24 14:13:29 MDT 2011

Anina Estrem, serving with Rosebud-Treasure County Extension, shares blog eight in our weekly series of updates directly from Montana FoodCorps members.

"First there were seven, then eighteen, then thirty-six, now forty-one! Tucked away in the Rosebud school greenhouse, five tiny tomato plants have just emerged from the tray planted by the 8th graders over a week ago to join those of other classes. The Rosebud 8th graders had been getting annoyed that their plants hadn’t sprouted while the 7th graders’ were flourishing, and even I was beginning to worry about what we might have done wrong. But now almost all of the students who planted seeds have a little speck of green growing in their pot, which collectively represent Rosebud’s new school garden!"

Find out what other good things are getting going in Rosebud and Treasure counties, even in October, here: www.montanafoodcorps.org.

FoodCorps for Rural Montana Project Director
National FoodCorps Co-Founder
www.montanafoodcorps.org
www.foodcorps.org
406.531.5162