[montanafood_ag] SPECIAL INVITATION: AERO 37th Annual Meeting October 28th-30th Lakeside

Lyra Leigh-Nedbor lyraleigh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:25:10 MDT 2011

The Alternative Energy Resources Organization is excited to announce our 37
th Annual Meeting.

This year’s meeting promises to be an unforgettable experience not to be
missed!

This is a great opportunity to connect with Montana’s alternative energy and
sustainable agriculture community, network and participate in an
extraordinary weekend.

We have an amazing slate of *farm tours* and *round table* discussions, as
well as deliciously prepared *local food* in a beautiful setting.

Keynote *Philip Ackerman-Leist* is a renowned farmer and teacher in
Environmental Studies joining us from Green Mountain College.

Where he:

   - Started Cerridwen Farm, a student run, animal-powered operation in
   1997.
   -  Pioneered sustainable agricultural education at Green Mountain College
   in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
   - Helped establish criteria for College’s Dining Hall local & regional
   purchases in 2007 and continues to provide support to for the Sustainable
   Purchasing Initiative.

Additionally:

   -  A founding member and officers of the nonprofit Rutland Area Farm &
   Food Link (RAFFL).
   - Board member for the Vermont Sustainable Agriculture Council.
   - Board member for the Poultney-Mettowee Natural Resources Conservation
   District.
   - Wrote *Up Tunket Road: The Education of a Modern Homesteader* (2010).
   - Currently working on a new book focused on Local food in conjunction
   with the Post-Carbon institute and Chelsea Green Publishing.

All this While simultaneously running a small farm operation of 30 heads of
American Milking Devons and building a homestead.

The weekend kicks off on *Friday October 28th *with farm tours beginning at
1pm and runs through Sunday early afternoon.

In addition to our regular registration we are also offering a student rate.
 Food and registration packages available on our website. Housing is an
additional cost, but cabins for groups of 10 or more are available for $12
per person per night, but hurry they will fill up.

The weekend’s events will take place at the Glacier Camp &Conference
Center<http://www.glaciercamp.org/index.php?p=contactus#directions>
near
Lakeside

More information, including a schedule and registration is available on our
website: www.aeromt.org

I’ve also attached a PDF of our events poster, please feel free to share it
with those who may be interested!

I look forward to seeing you Lake Side.

Cheers,

Lyra Leigh-Nedbor

--
*Lyra Leigh-Nedbor*
*

*AERO has been building communities by linking people, sustainable
agriculture and energy solutions since 1974.  If you're not already a
member, please join us today at
**www.aeromt.org*<http://www.aeromt.org/about-us/join-us/>
*!*