[montanafood_ag] Kids, Cukes, and Knives

Crissie McMullan crissiem at ncat.org
Wed Aug 31 15:08:14 MDT 2011

Hi all,
Today Montana FoodCorps launched our weekly series of updates directly from Montana FoodCorps members with a post from Natasha Hegmann, serving with Madison Farm to Fork in Ennis, Montana.

"Last spring, busily finishing my degree in Spanish at St. Olaf College, I knew that I wanted to work with Montana’s FoodCorps, creating and growing Farm to School programs in rural communities, but I had no idea what the job would look like on a day-to-day basis. Now, after a month serving with Madison Farm to Fork, in Ennis, Montana, I’m starting to get the the picture. Envision it: 8 a.m. on a Tuesday morning in a makeshift classroom surround by 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders wielding sharp knives. I know--some might call it a scene from a horror movie, but I call it nutrition education."  Read more, and see fun pics at www.montanafoodcorps.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Crissie

FoodCorps for Rural Montana Project Director
National FoodCorps Co-Founder
www.growmontana.ncat.org
www.foodcorps.org
406.531.5162