[montanafood_ag] Food, Ag & Farmland on 1290 AM, Wed. AM

Paul Hubbard pfhubbard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 13:49:04 MDT 2010

Greetings,

Josh Slotnick and I will be on the KGVO's Talk Back Radio program tomorrow
morning (Wed.) from 8:30 to 10:00 AM.  Please join us by setting your dial
to 1290 AM and calling in with questions or comments (studio line:
721-1290).  If you're outside their range, you can still listen live via the
internet <http://player.streamtheworld.com/liveplayer.php?callsign=KGVOAM>.

We'll be talking about conserving working farm and ranchland in Missoula
County -- though it's certainly relevant to other counties in Montana.
Specifically, we'll be covering the policy recommendations CFAC is proposing
to local government.  Those are outlined in the attached executive summary
of *Losing Ground*.

But here's the catch: Talk Back Radio is an entirely listener-driven
program, which means we get to hear from multiple perspectives.  The past 2
times we've been on the air, however, we're heard mostly from ideologues who
do not want to talk about facts and solutions.  So, *we need you to keep us
on track by calling us with questions and comments about conservation,
policy, and a strong ag legacy.  *And feel free to keep it simple.

If you can call the studio tomorrow, please drop me an email.  Or, just call
us spontaneously.

thanks!
paul

--