[montanafood_ag] new video emphasizes the need for MT food processing

Crissie McMullan crissiem at ncat.org
Tue Jan 19 10:28:04 MST 2010

In Montana, many consumers want to buy locally-grown food, and many farmers and ranchers want to sell locally. The gap between the two is, in part, a lack of local food processing to turn raw products--think cows--into something Montanans can actually sink their teeth into--say burgers or steaks.

A new 10-minute video (a project of Grow Montana, Montana Farmers Union, and Glendive's Community GATE) makes the case for filling that gap by supporting more local food processing in Montana.

Watch it online at www.growmontana.ncat.org, and feel free to share it far and wide. We want to get the message out, so that we can better work together to build the infrastructure for a Montana-based food system.

Again, check out the video, and gather more info about Montana's food system, at:
www.growmontana.ncat.org

All the best,
Crissie McMullan

Grow Montana