[montanafood_ag] Growing a Garden City

Crissie McMullan crissiemc at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 16:27:23 MST 2010

Hi friends--

My husband Jeremy Smith has recently published a book that I think you'll be
interested in (and may want to add to your holiday shopping list!) called
"Growing a Garden City" (Skyhorse/W.W. Norton).

Featuring  15 main characters --a troubled  teen, a grandmother of 20, a
homeless shelter chef, a single mother, a  food bank officer, an entire first
grade class, and more--"Growing a  Garden City" tells the surprising, inspiring
true story of one of the  country's most far-reaching experiments in urban
transformation through  community food, farms, and gardens. All right here in
Montana.

Woven into the narrative are an introduction by Bill McKibben, 80 color
photographs, and seven "How It Works" sections so people can emulate and build
on the achievements in the book wherever they call home.

Jane Goodall says: "I love this book. It proves that every one of us, and every
patch of soil, can make a difference. The way we connect with nature,  with our
food, and with each other can change the world." Booklist  Magazine says:
"Bright, vibrant, and buoyantly accessible, this  effervescent celebration of
the local food movement thrums with regional, national, and international
implications."

More information and excerpts from "Growing a Garden City," including two
60-second YouTube book trailers, are available at:

http://growingagardencity.com

Thank you all for all you do to make our home a national model--I hope you enjoy
the read!

All the best,

Crissie McMullan