[montanafood_ag] MT Food System Council Seeks New Members

Harmon, Alison harmon at montana.edu
Thu Dec 9 08:45:34 MST 2010

The Montana Food System Council is seeking new members who want to help create a more self-reliant and sustainable food system for Montana.

Specifically, the council is interested in encouraging food system infrastructure development, promoting public awareness, achieving food security, and promoting farm viability and agricultural land uses.

With collaboration among members of the Council, partner organization and state agencies, we believe that Montana can become a national leader in local food systems development, and a model for other rural states.  Partners include AERO, NCAT, the MT Food Bank Network and Food Security Council, Grow Montana and Others.

The general approach of the Council is to connect food system practitioners, activities and agencies from across Montana in a way that enables them to coordinate and build on each other's efforts and identify their common policy needs and priorities.  We then strategize about how lead or facilitate policy change initiatives at the state level.  Consider joining the effort!

Information and a nomination form to complete are attached.  The deadline for submissions is January 15.

Alison Harmon
Co-Char, Montana Food System Council
harmon at montana.edu<mailto:harmon at montana.edu>
406-994-6338