[montanafood_ag] FW: Montana Farm to Table Connection: October 4-5, Big Sky
adeyoung at mt.gov
Tue Jul 7 14:14:19 MDT 2009
Mark your calendars! Our Montana Farm to Table Connection event will be held October 4-5, 2009, in Big Sky.
Below is a synopsis of the event. More details, including registration forms, will follow soon! In the mean time, mark your calendars and feel free to share with any producers, chefs, and distributors you know.
* Sunday, October 4 through Monday, October 5, 2009 in Big Sky
* This, as well as other educational and connection events, will occur annually
To connect Montana agricultural producers with Montana chefs, restaurants*, and distributors in order to increase the presence of Montana agricultural products available on Montana menus.
* The term restaurant is used here to mean any kind of food service eatery, such as restaurants, cafés, cafeterias (including farm-to-cafeteria programs), caterers, etc.
Secondary objective: To encourage consumers' support of local foods and the restaurants utilizing them.
Producers' showcase their products in a table top display for Montana restaurants and distributors.
1. How to work with chefs (direct or through distributors) - for producers
2. How to work with distributors - for producers (Why use a distributor? Why are distributors interested in working with local products?)
Montana Department of Agriculture
303 N. Roberts
PO Box 200201
Helena, MT 59620-0201
(406) 444-9442 fax
adeyoung at mt.gov<mailto:adeyoung at mt.gov>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the montanafood_ag